At the 2015 Young Living Convention, Dr. Tom Reed talked about the effects of brain and body health on the spiritual part of life. Health problems are caused by negative emotions — anger, bitterness, unforgiveness, resentment, depression.
We cannot live in the past. We must be free, and live for today. When you finally forgive someone, you suddenly realize that you were the prisoner the whole time.
- Maturity comes from our response to life’s experiences, not the experiences themselves.
- The smaller, more humble we become, the bigger God becomes. God doesn’t want strong people, He wants weak people who come to Him for strength.
- Are you talking to your problems about how big your God is?
- Focus on joyful life, not a happy life. Joy is enduring, endearing, and soothes the soul. It has its origins in God.
- Happiness is a nail. Joy is a screw — it keeps us grounded. Nails can come out of the wood with problems in the environment, but screws don’t.
- If we have emotional skeletons in our closets we HAVE TO GET THEM OUT.
- Every day is a new day. That’s how God sees us! His favor, grace, and mercy are on us every day.
- When we lean in to God He leans into us.
(Editor’s Note: Psalm 145:8-9 is a great example of this: “The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and great in mercy. The Lord is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works.”
You can learn more about the connection between essential oils and emotional health in this video. )