Using essential oils in recipes is so much fun!
Maybe you’ve heard the buzz about the new Vitality Essential Oil collection. There are a lot of questions about them… people are especially asking “Are my other Young Living essential oils okay for internal use?”
Differences between Young Living oils and the Young Living Vitality™
People sometimes ask if they can still use their other Young Living Essential Oils for internal use. Due to compliance reasons, we will answer this with Young Living’s official statement:
With the same constituents and purity, our Vitality line is labeled for dietary use, while the topical/aromatic line is labeled for topical and aromatic uses.”
Since the Vitality Essential Oils are labeled for dietary use (just like every other ingredient that’s available today) you can cheerfully enjoy them in your recipes! The best part? You’ll not only enjoy their powerful flavor (a drop or a few is all it takes for most recipes) but you’ll also boost your health with the benefits of essential oils!
Tips for Using Young Living Vitality Essential Oils in Cooking
- If you’re an adventuresome cook, try just adding a drop or two of essential oil to any of your favorite recipes. Start with a small amount and work up to taste.
- For handy guidelines, see our Quick Guide for Culinary Essential Oils »
- If adding essential oils to soups, spaghetti sauce, etc., add them toward the end of cooking when the dish has cooled a bit. If you’re baking or need to add it at the beginning of cooking that’s okay, but more of the health benefits and flavor compounds of the essential oils will will be preserved if they are not heated as much
- Add a drop of grapefruit or tangerine essential oil to kombucha with a drop of two of liquid stevia extract
- Add 2 drops of lime or lemon essential oil to your favorite hummus recipe
- Add 5 drops of orange essential oil to brownie batter or other baked chocolate dessert
- Add a drop of tangerine essential oil to your favorite smoothie
- Add dill or lemon to Greek yogurt along with a bit of salt and chopped onion for a quick veggie dip
If you prefer to follow a recipe more exactly, try out some of these fantastic summer recipes!
- Pineapple Lemonade Ginger Popsicles
- Honey-Lavender Lemonade
- Spinach Quiche with Einkorn Crust
- Guilt-Free Peppermint Brownies
- Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Peach Mango Breakfast Smoothie
- Dill Veggie Dip & Greek Yogurt Coleslaw
- NingXia Red Jellies
- Mint Chocolate Protein Shake
- Lettuce Wraps
- More Popsicle Recipes
Try the Young Living Vitality™ Culinary Collection
The Vitality™ Culinary Collection contains 10 oils that are especially delicious in recipes! Enjoy Thyme, Basil, Rosemary, Oregano, Black Pepper, Cinnamon Bark, Peppermint, Ginger, Lemon, and Lime Vitality oils. They come in a handy box that can be displayed on your countertop for easy use in your kitchen.
Learn more here »